Thursday, June 14, 2012

A year later (well almost)

After my last post in Aug 2011, I fell silent. Besides the excuse of not finding time (only partially true), the more important one was a complete state of disgust with the affairs of the nation. I thought that rather than venting, I should take some time off and let things settle.

Well, things have settled. It is now settled that the momentum of the economy has run aground. Its settled that the incumbent policy makers suffer from serious nostalgia - they are trying their atmost to return us to the "mai baap" sarkar of the decades of the seventies - when most of them must have been in their "youth". The "inspector" raj is back in full force.The difference is that a activist judiciary has decided it needs to decide where you can dig up mud from (almost - there is a court imposed bar on mining sand in the state of AP!)

The only writing I have done in the past few months has been to contribute a monthly column to "Wealth Insight" - a magazine targetting the equity investor, and being published by Dhiraj Kumar of Value Research. I started writing in Jan 2012 and have contributed 5 columns to date. The next few posts will carry these columns. From now on, I hope to start writing again, and I look forward to seeing you readers back !

1 comment:

Sameer said...

Hi,

Good to know that you have started writing again. Usually I used to check your blog atleast twice a week, but since you have not been blogging for quite sometime now; I checked it after about two weeks (and got a pleasant surprise).
Please keep writing...... You are an inspirataion.
Regards,
Sameer.

Subscribe Now: standard